Monday, November 23, 2015

Album Review! Adele - 25

So you probably would have heard at some point over the past month (especially if you follow me on any social media site), that a certain someone has finally released her new album! That's right! Adele has finally dropped '25'!
Adele's 3rd album is about forgiveness, reflection and growing up. Following the success of '21', the task she faced when writing with album must have been massive. But after hearing 'Hello', we can all be rest assured Adele is back and as fabulous as ever! 
The album starts with 'Hello', a giant track that pulls your heart strings straight away. I think it was the perfect track to introduce the album, something we can all belt out at the top of our voices and relate too. When I first heard 'Hello' I must admit, I did instantly think of Lionel Richie's 'Hello'. I mean considering that 2015 has been a pretty big year for him, especially with his tour and being the act that drew the biggest crowd at Glasto. However, after watching every compilation video on Youtube and Facebook of Adele's 'Hello' mashed up with all sorts of responses, I think the track has become it's own. The music video displays some of Adele's acting skills, which we haven't seen much of before, which made a pleasant surprise and was very good (considering she was using a flip phone). If you want to see some of Adele's acting skills in action, watch the video below.


As I said '25' is about forgiveness, and with songs like 'Hello and 'Send My Love (To Your New Lover)', which echoes elements of '19' with its use of acoustic guitars. 'Million Years Ago' is another track that uses acoustic guitars. This time as the only form of accompaniment, which adds a sort of Spanish feel and simplicity to the track. 'Remedy' is another simple track, but uses just piano as an accompaniment instead. It is certainly one of the tracks about growing up and reflection, along with 'River Lea', the 'Hometown Glory' of '25' and 'When We Were Young', another track we can belt our hearts out to.
Personally I feel Adele has hit the nail on the head with this album. It's no '21', but it's not suppose to be. It's so much more mature than '21' and follows it perfectly. The best example of this maturity is 'Sweetest Devotion', which is about her son, Angelo. However the track can still relate to everyone, not just those who have had children. So once again every track in '25', you can relate to in some shape or form. I think 'I Miss You' has quite a different sound to the stuff we are used to with Adele. Instead, it sounds like something something Disclosure could have done featuring Adele, I think this one will be a good one to remix.
'Water Under The Bridge', one of the more upbeat tracks on the album, I personally find I can really relate to which is why this and 'Love in the Dark', an emotional one, are two of my favourites. At the moment my favourite seems to be 'All I Ask'. With hints of Abba's 'The Winner Takes It All' in the chorus and essence Paolo Nutini's 'Last Request' in the message, this track reminds me of 'Take It All' from '21' with its rawness and well, Awesomeness!
Adele and '25' continues to break records and the internet with this album, selling 2.3 million copies in just three days! Am I surprised? NO! The album is different in the ways it should be, and same in the ways it needs to be. Now all I need to do is see her live!

1 comment:

Seth said...

The first three songs on 25 are my favorites and it's tough for me not to repeat these tracks. But the more I listen to the entire album the more my mind begins to change.