Thursday, November 12, 2015

Review time! Tallest Man On Earth at the Roundhouse 2015

I was introduced to Tallest Man on Earth (Kristian Matsson) last year by a friend and ever since that moment, I knew I had to see him live. Matsson has a reputation for being a lively host on his tours which made me even more excited.

Beer in hand, a group of us edged our way as close to the front as possible as Matsson dressed in white skinnys and a white t-shirt took to the stage playing a punchy, foot stomper. I immediately see why he has a reputation for putting on entertaining evenings as he prances round the stage really feeling his songs. The raspy, emotional tones coupled with fast, jangly country/folk guitar strumming means he is very similar to Mumford and Sons and thereby so are the audiences.

Tallest Man on Earth has a real knack for getting his crowds going and ensuring them a good time, but what I admired most was the way in which he could go from his party-pieces like “1904”, “Wind and Walls” and “The Gardener” to softer, sentimental songs. When he played “Fields of Our Home” from his new album, Dark Bird Is Home, all his fans were in silence marvelling at him.

I also think it is important to mention that I got the tickets from an app in the app store called Dice. This app has got me into so many cool new artists and has information on a real refreshing group of artists’ latest gigs around London and Manchester, so I would definitely recommend that.





No comments: